The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Los Angeles Lakers: Heart-Pounding, Jaw-Dropping, and Gut-Wrenching Moments from Los Angeles Lakers History (Hardcover



he Los Angeles Lakers are one of professional basketball's most notorious franchises, and their history is rife with monumental players and memorable stories.

The Lakers have been moved to California, have set still-unbroken records, and have played host to some of the most famous and infamous players in the NBA. From an unimpressive career in Minneapolis in the 1950s to NBA championships in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, from Magic Johnson to Kobe Bryant, and from Bob Short to Jerry Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers have always been a mix of good, bad, and ugly.

Their stories are collected here in a volume that Lakers fans everywhere will be sure to enjoy.

From the Publisher
"I think I basically played for an idea, which is how close I could come to being at my best. I put some hard work into that, and I had the good fortune to have been given talent, and I was lucky enough not to have gotten hurt. I always knew [that] would have to end.... People find new heroes."
--Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, reflecting on his career

"Magic [is] outstanding. Unreal. I knew he was good, but I never realized he was this great."
--Philadelphia guard Doug Collins, having just played Magic Johnson

Find more here